|ZPOOL-ATTACH(8)||System Manager's Manual||ZPOOL-ATTACH(8)|
Attach a new device to an existing ZFS virtual device (vdev).
] pool device new_device
-fsw] pool device new_device
- Attaches new_device to the existing
device. The existing device cannot be
part of a raidz configuration. If device
is not currently part of a mirrored configuration,
device automatically transforms into a
two-way mirror of device and
device is part of a two-way mirror,
attaching new_device creates a three-way
mirror, and so on. In either case,
new_device begins to resilver immediately
and any running scrub is cancelled.
- Forces use of new_device, even if it appears to be in use. Not all devices can be overridden in this manner.
- Sets the given pool properties. See the zpoolprops(8) manual page for a list of valid properties that can be set. The only property supported at the moment is ashift.
- The new_device is reconstructed sequentially to restore redundancy as quickly as possible. Checksums are not verfied during sequential reconstruction so a scrub is started when the resilver completes. Sequential reconstruction is not supported for raidz configurations.
- Waits until new_device has finished resilvering before returning.
|May 15, 2020||Debian|